Chemically treated plywood with improved fire retardant attributes.
Through Lonza Wood Protection we offer Dricon high pressure impregnation which will upgrade a range of untreated plywood options to either a Euroclass B or Euroclass C reaction to fire rating as required in line with the requirements of EN13501-1.
Dricon is a WPA approved INT2 humidity resistant, water-based fire treatment impregnated into the fibres of the plywood that provides maintenance free, long term, assured performance during service life for both dry and humid internal end uses.
If you project requires Euroclass B or Euroclass C rated plywood to comply with UK building Regulations, please contact us directly to discuss your enquiry.
- Stage sets
- Laser cutting
- Model making
- Automotive Applications
- EN ISO 11925 – Ignitability test.
- BS EN 13501-1 – Single Burning Item Test.
- BS EN 313 – Plywood classification & terminology.
- BS EN 314 – Plywood bonding quality.
- BS EN 635 – Plywood classification by surface appearance.
- BS EN 636 – Plywood specification.
- BS EN 13501-1 – Fire Classification of Construction & Building Products
- BS EN 13823 – Single Burning Item Test (SBI)
- BS EN ISO 11925-2 – Ignitability of building products
- BS EN ISO 1182 – Non-combustibility test
- BS EN 1716 – Determination of the heat of combustion
Treated Birch Plywood meeting the requirements of Euro Class B. Suitable for structural applications.
Individual birch veneers are soaked in PW-640 (a fire retardant liquid solution) prior to gluing and pressing. This means that augmented fire retardant performance can be achieved as part of the product’s production process and applies to the entirety of the finished panel.
- Commercial Vehicle Building
- Stage sets
- CE Marked for structural use in humid applications (EN 636-2).
- Exterior, phenol formaldehyde, glue bond (EN 314-2 Class 3).
- European Class B/C Fire Ratings
Multi-layer plywood impregnated with reactive coatings to meet the needs of Euroclass B-s1,d0 according to EN 13501-1.
Pangua-Fire range meets the new market demands for passive protection against fire of building structures in general, for wall and / or ceiling applications.
- Public Buildings
- Euroclass B Fire Retardant Panel.
- Little or no smoke contribution in event of fire (S1).
- No burning droplets on introduction to flame (d0).
- Available with PEFC™ or FSC® certification.
- Lightweight Construction.
- Ultra Low Emitting Formaldehyde (ULEF).
- Moisture content between 8 and 13%.
- Sustainable plantation species.
We offer a list of alternative panels which may also match the requirements of your project. Please see our other Fire Retardant Panels below:
Fire Retardant MDF
Thoroughly tested medium density fibreboard panels for use in public buildings where fire retardant panels are required by building regulations.
Typical Applications: Public Buildings , Exhibitions , Wall Linings, Partitions Display Panels, Ceilings.
Fire Retardant OSB
Our stocks of Fire Retardant OSB are sourced from SmartPly. The boards are treated with a Zeroignition® Solution, which is a water-based and eco-friendly fire retardant. This ensures that the structure of the board is not compromised and the product maintains a full CE Mark following treatment.
Typical Applications: Roofing, Flooring, Wall Sheathing, Furniture, Shop fitting, General joinery, Exhibition stands , Hoarding
Fire Retardant Chipboard
P2 Furniture Grade Chipboard treated with fire retardant phosphate salts to meet Euroclass B.
Chipboard panels designed specifically to prevent the surface spread of flames and prevent the ignition of flames. Spano Antivlam Chipboard maintains its mechanical strength and integrity after the event of a fire.
Typical Applications : Furniture , Door blank cores , wall skins , veneering
Laminating , General joinery , Shop fitting , Bar fitting
To find out further information on these products please visit the Fire Retardant Panels page on our website by clicking here